In order for your pet to grow up as a healthy, beautiful and cheerful puppy from childhood, it is necessary to adhere to certain feeding rules. Everything depends on the quality of food. I propose to consider the rules of feeding dogs. What can and cannot be given to dogs? How to feed dogs and how much.
1. porridge food. When feeding puppies, the food should be mushy.
2. Salt. Food for dogs needs to be salted, but just a little bit, less than for people.
3. Fresh water. It is essential that the dog always has access to fresh water. Especially if you feed your dog dry food.
4. Water at elbow level. A container of water should be placed at the level of the pet's elbow joint. As the puppy grows, the height of the stand should be adjusted. This is necessary in order to avoid curvature of the dog's spine from incorrect posture during meals.
5. Avoid bloating. When feeding a puppy, you need to make sure that the stomach does not swell. If this happens, change your diet, eliminate foods or food combinations that can cause bloating.
6. Stick to the right amount of food intake. Number of feedings for a puppy must be age appropriate. Rare feeding and large volumes of food contribute to a violation in the development of the muscular and skeletal systems, leads to curvature of the limbs and back deflection.
7. Food for 15 minutes. The container with food should be placed for 15 minutes. If your puppy refuses to eat during these 15 minutes, the bowl should be removed before the next scheduled meal. In connection with this, the portions should also be reduced.
8. Never give bones. It is strictly forbidden to give bones to dogs - one of the most important rules for feeding dogs! Because it leads to internal diseases. Eating bones can cause constipation, internal bleeding, injury, rectal disease, volvulus, obstruction, etc. in dogs. Very often this leads to the death of the pet.
For breeding dogs, eating bones is extremely unacceptable, because the bite is broken, the teeth are worn down. But, joints are very useful for dogs. You can give chicken necks, which should first be broken with a hammer.
9. Meat. The diet of an adult dog should be 40-50% meat. You can give any meat except pork. It is highly undesirable to feed a dog with pork. In addition to meat, offal is very useful for dogs (liver, heart, lungs, kidneys, etc.)
10. Dairy produce. In the diet of a puppy from 1 to 12 months, dairy products (home-made cottage cheese, kefir, fermented baked milk, etc.) should prevail, the amount of which must be reduced as the dog grows. After a year, dairy products should be excluded. It is not advisable to feed dogs with milk.
11. Cereals. The main source of carbohydrates is cereals. For dogs, cereals are especially useful: oatmeal, rice, buckwheat. It is undesirable to give wheat, semolina, barley. To make the dog eat a portion of boiled cereal with appetite, add vegetable oil (milk thistle, wheat germ and other cold-pressed oils).
12. Fish. It is not recommended to give river fish to dogs. It is necessary to give sea fish, fillet without bones. Boiled sea fish can replace a serving of ground beef a couple of times a week. Fish can also be given raw, but pre-frozen.
13. Vegetables, fruits, herbs. In order for dogs, especially puppies, to get enough vitamins and minerals, it is necessary to give vegetables, fruits and various herbs. For puppies it is necessary to grind.
14. Smoked meats, sausages, fried foods. Do not give dogs sausages, sausages, smoked foods, pickles, fried cutlets, fish, etc. This category of food leads to a deterioration in the health of dogs, causing allergies. For the same reason, foods that contain dyes and chemical additives should be avoided.
15. supplements. In addition to the main food, you can pamper your pets with such useful supplements as honey (add to cottage cheese), seaweed, grated blackcurrant, dried fruits, crushed eggshells (calcium, silicon), rosehip syrup, etc.
16. separate food. For better digestion of food, many experts recommend feeding dogs in a separate diet. That is, without mixing protein and carbohydrate products in one plate. For example, in the morning - dairy products, in the afternoon - boiled rice, for dinner - ground beef.
17. Special attention in the first year of development. The main development, growth, formation of the exterior and health of the dog actively takes place in the first 12 months of its life, especially from 1 to 7 months. It is during this period that special attention should be paid to feeding a puppy, adhere to high quality and proper diet.
The list goes on and on. If you have any special questions, write to us, we will definitely answer.