As you may have guessed, the first part of my story, the Shih Tzu breed did not hook me to the soul. Three piles of wool on the counter of the "bird" market did not look as attractive as the bright faces of puppies of other breeds. Perhaps if there were Shih Tzu puppies on the counter, and not almost adult dogs, I would look at them with different eyes. It would be more correct to say that I did not understand the Shih Tzu breed. At least I didn't get it on the first try. Soon fate again drew a Shih Tzu on my horizon.
Attempt number two
This time, a small fluffy puppy appeared before my eyes. My neighbors, who always walk in pairs, suddenly took a cute little dog for a walk, which was impossible to pass by.
- Oh, and who is it with you?
- This is a Shih Tzu, he is 3 months old! Our friends are going abroad and they urgently need to distribute puppies. You do not want?
- No, i guess! - I answered, and something in my chest tightened.
The second attempt of fate to connect me with this breed ended successfully. The owners of the cute puppy have a lot to say about the breed. The most vivid thing that I remember from the stories:
“she will always follow you, even at night, if you wake up and go to the toilet, she will definitely run with you. In addition, she will not be interested in your slippers, even with fluff. And she plays with toys very carefully.”
I took an amazing interest. I would even say - a pleasant "illness", which made me study all the delights of this breed for long evenings. Shih Tzu puppies, and not only, can fall in love with anyone, especially a girl like me.
After many articles and videos, my fears that the Shih Tzu breed is difficult to care for have been confirmed. In many sources it is written that the dog that made me fall in love with itself entered the category of the most difficult dogs to care for. And this scared me even more, because I was planning the very first dog in my life.
Doubt and Fear of the Shih Tzu
- I don’t know ... - I said to my husband - the dog is cool, the ideal character for us, but the coat. Maybe we can get a taxi? Do you remember Sasha had Dick? Was such a cool one. Dachshunds are generally trouble-free for care. And I'm afraid of the Shih Tzu.
- You take a dog for at least ten years! The last word, of course, is yours. But, I would choose a Shih Tzu!
I wanted, for comparison, to read about the dachshund, to study its nature, the nature of the breed, instincts, care, and so on.
- Oh no! - again I started a conversation with my husband - a dachshund is a hunter, a lively one, she has strong burrowing instincts and a violent temper. Compared to the Dachshund, the Shih Tzu is just the perfect kid for us. But damn, wool...
The final decision
Well, we soon decided that there was no better breed for us than the Shih Tzu. And I have already begun to actively tune in and mentally prepare for the difficulties of care that lie ahead of me.
A couple of months later, closer to my birthday, we called the neighbors back to ask if there were any friends who were going abroad still had Shih Tzu puppies? Unfortunately, everyone was given away. Not scary. I began to actively select a puppy on the Internet, based on colors, the availability of all kinds of documents, vaccinations, etc.
For a whole month, every day I scanned the Internet in search of my Shih Tzu puppy. I was sure that I would feel it somehow special. I was waiting for a sign from above and, finally, I felt it.